Sunday, June 7, 2009

Just Over a Week

School ended well. There were some sad goodbyes, but I think everyone is relieved. I spent some special times with the students and I’ll not soon forget them. Last week I spent each morning helping with sports camp down at the school. It’s for 1st-6th graders. Last week was soccer, this week we’re doing basketball. Somehow I’ve been incredibly busy each day after camp. Even with so many people gone, I’ve still had many people to see and spent time with before I leave. I got to spend a bit more time with Lino before he started to travel. He gets back next Monday night. So, I’ve had to say goodbye to so many people in the last week and a half or so, it’s actually getting easier. Of course the hardest is yet to come. With Nick here, there’s never a dull moment so that’s been helpful. I think the fact that I’ve been so busy helps with the sadness. With one more full week left I feel like I’ve got a ton to do, but not so much time to do it. I’m also thinking I’m going to run out of money and suitcase space because I keep finding fun things to bring home. ☺
So this next week of basketball is going to fly by I think. I have plans almost everyday after camp (and after a shower after camp… the sun is intense these days!). I think that even tonight after I go out I’m going to come home and start packing… at least start seeing what I actually have space for.
I had a debriefing session with my boss this past week. We basically talked about my work this year and the good and not so good stuff. It was really a good experience and I’m glad I got to talk some stuff out with her. My time here has been pretty unemotional as in, I didn’t really cry at while I was here. In thinking about coming home and being away from here, I’m told that the whole unemotional thing is going to change. I’m definitely trying to prepare myself for that and for all of the difficult times ahead trying to readjust to life back in America. Apparently I’ll go through reverse culture shock. Weird, I know.
So, I’m not sure what else to say at this point. It’s a VERY weird feeling to know that I’m going to be home in a week and a half. I’ve been having LOTS of dreams about home and people from home. Some are so real it’s scary. I’m totally excited to see you all and give you big hugs! Maybe I’ll come up with something more to write about this week, but for now this is all I’ve got. Blessings!

No comments: