Sunday, February 5, 2012

Slow going...

Life moves pretty slowly when you don't have a job... or a car... or any money. Weird how that works isn't it? Sitting at home doing nothing all day everyday tends to take a toll on a person, both physically and mentally. I imagine for some it sounds like a dream... it did to me at first considering I hadn't slept in 6 weeks. Well I'm over it. I'm bored!! It's hard to have any kind of normal schedule when you have nothing to do. It's also hard to be motivated to do anything consistently, like study for the GRE. I'm scheduled to take the test this week, but am considering postponing so I can study a bit more.

The one thing I do have to look forward to each week is youth group. This past week I taught and it was fantastic to have something to research and plan for. I love teaching biblical lessons and what made it even more special for me was that I invited my brother and he agreed to go with me! The best part of the whole night was on the drive back to his place, he asked if I would pick him up next week.  He had a good time... and how could he not??  I have some awesome youth kids!  So that's a major prayer request right now.

The other thing I've done a bit of is job hunting.  Last week I had a second interview with a fantastic church that I really like for a full time director of student ministries.  I'm not a good judge of how interviews go so I'm not sure what to expect.  I do, however trust Jesus so I'm not too worried.  I've sent my resume to a few other places,  but we'll see.

In other news I'm excited to head over to Indiana in a couple of weekends to hang out with the youth kids from Fishers.  I will be forever grateful to my mom for letting me use her car on the weekends and for youth group.  Nothing like support from the family when you have absolutely nothing.

I miss my students, friends, and family in Africa.  A lot.  So, that's what's going on here these days.

No comments: