Tuesday, September 22, 2009

In Between...

Let me begin by saying that I'm so glad that God has called me to work with His youth! I count it a privilege that He's given me the ability to relate with youth well and teach them His ways.
With that being said... I went to camp this past weekend at SpringHill in Southern Indiana with Trent and his Jr high kids. We brought 3 boys and 3 girls and I believe they were all in 7th grade. It's such a funny age when the girls are all bigger than the boys. Anyways, it was a great weekend of building relationships, worshipping Jesus and drawing nearer to him, and being ridiculous with the kids. Trent and I watched as they climbed rock climbing walls and tall poles and played "z ball". We rode an 800 foot zip line (yes, I thought I was going to die), went swimming in the lake, and just hung out. Our group was one of the smallest there, but that made it great for getting to know each of the kids better than if we brought 60 kids.
Of course a weekend retreat means no sleep... in fact I'm still trying to catch up a bit, but it was definitely worth it.
So that's the update, now onto the point. I'm in a place of limbo right now. Let me be clear on what I mean when I say limbo. Here is how Webster has defined limbo:
1 often capitalized : an abode of souls that are according to Roman Catholic theology barred from heaven because of not having received Christian baptism
2 a : a place or state of restraint or confinement b : a place or state of neglect or oblivion c : an intermediate or transitional place or state d : a state of uncertainty
Those in bold represent my meaning. I've had many times with God lately when I've been blessed to hear (loud and clear) from Him and have His will confirmed in my life through others and the Word. Now I know that most of us who walk daily with the Lord hear from Him more than we choose to recognize, but I always love how the sound of His voice is so sweet. So why would I say I'm in limbo? It's been very easy to grow impatient because though I know that I'm called back to Uganda I don't know when that will be and I'm very anxious to be back there. It's easy to let little set-backs and miscommunication weigh me down because I'm such an impatient person. Isn't it funny that even though I know where I'm going I'm still disappointed because I don't know EVERY single detail? I was reminded during an early morning walk in the rain with Jesus this weekend that my timing is NOT near the same as His timing. My ideal plan is to be back in Uganda in January or February. I would like to be raising support right now and looking forward to my return. His ideal plan is for me to be well equipped and prepared and also for the people I'll be with in Uganda to be ready. This can't just be about me and my timing, it can only be about God and His timing.
Even though I was so deeply discouraged last week, God has encouraged me to continue to completely trust Him and keep walking with Him daily.
Jesus is so patient with me, always reminding me to look at what He's given me for the DAY. Right now I'm a worship team director. This is the ministry He's put me in for right now, this very day. Tomorrow it may change or remain, but either way I must choose to walk closely with Him regardless of my timing for HIS plans.
So I'm asking for you all to pray with me as I prepare to go back to Uganda... whenever and however that will be. Thanks so much for your faithfulness in always praying for me and loving on me and in serving our great God.
My schedule is slowing down for the first time in 3 months and I'm really excited for a few weekends of no commitments, at least none that I can think of right now. Email me with prayer requests and praises. Much love!

Oh! ps the Heritage International School retreat went well from what I've heard so far. Thanks for praying for that event!

No comments: