Monday, December 21, 2009

Going Back!


It's kinda been a while and I've had plenty of stuff that I've wanted to write about. God has been teaching me so much lately and hopefully soon I will find time to sit down and transcribe it in a way that is beneficial to others. However, even after spending an awesome day today with my best friend, my mind is far away. I'm excited to finally be able to tell you all that I'm heading back to Uganda! There are still details being worked out and I don't have an exact date, but I'm going to be working towards going back in August, 2010. I'm already overwhelmed by thoughts of preparing for more time away from home. My family isn't too thrilled with the idea and some friends are of the "supportive, but we'd rather you stay" attitude. It's an interesting mix of emotions to go through when thinking about leaving. I'm really excited at the thought of being back in a country I've come to love so quickly with people I treasure, but I'm also sad to leave relationships and friendships that are growing so well right now.
Even though Uganda is somehow familiar to me, my ministry will be different and there are many unknowns. I have a long time to prepare myself for this round, unlike last time when I left America 7 weeks after I was accepted. Even still nerves creep up and I ask God if He's sure I should be leaving when everything seems to be going so well. Kinda crazy to KNOW God has asked me to do something... He has confirmed it over and over again and there should be no doubt in my mind, yet I still ask for assurance. Just call me Thomas, doubting Thomas.
God is so good and so faithful. I am so undeserving of His grace. It is such an honor for me to be asked to go and serve. Uganda is so beautiful and I love it dearly. There are other places on earth that I believe God will call me to someday too and I will gladly go and do. I am going because the God of the universe, Creator of all things, my Savior has asked me to...
That is huge. It will never cease to amaze me how God wants to use me. Me?! Who am I? No one special... except that I am a beloved daughter of the King of Kings! Unspeakable joy fills my being when I think about that fact. And it's that fact that keeps me going when I just want to quit; when I am unsure; when I fail.
I'm so thankful for Psalm 86 tonight. David write beautiful prayers...

1 Hear, O LORD, and answer me,
for I am poor and needy.
2 Guard my life, for I am devoted to you.
You are my God; save your servant
who trusts in you.

3 Have mercy on me, O Lord,
for I call to you all day long.

4 Bring joy to your servant,
for to you, O Lord,
I lift up my soul.

5 You are forgiving and good, O Lord,
abounding in love to all who call to you.

6 Hear my prayer, O LORD;
listen to my cry for mercy.

7 In the day of my trouble I will call to you,
for you will answer me.

8 Among the gods there is none like you, O Lord;
no deeds can compare with yours.

9 All the nations you have made
will come and worship before you, O Lord;
they will bring glory to your name.

10 For you are great and do marvelous deeds;
you alone are God.

11 Teach me your way, O LORD,
and I will walk in your truth;
give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.

12 I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart;
I will glorify your name forever.

13 For great is your love toward me;
you have delivered me from the depths of the grave.

14 The arrogant are attacking me, O God;
a band of ruthless men seeks my life—
men without regard for you.

15 But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God,
slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.

16 Turn to me and have mercy on me;
grant your strength to your servant
and save the son of your maidservant.

17 Give me a sign of your goodness,
that my enemies may see it and be put to shame,
for you, O LORD, have helped me and comforted me.

Would you pray with me as this journey moves forward? My goal is August... and if the funding comes in, I'll go in August. If not, God will provide the funding when He wants me to go. Pray that I would keep that truth close to me. Pray for my friends and family here and for my friends and family in Uganda. Thank you so much for partnering with me in ministry.

No comments: