Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Time is Nigh!!!

I'm getting ready for bed right now, but thought I'd do a quick update. I'm currently in Entebbe, Uganda on the WGM Uganda field retreat. There are nearly 30 people here on the field. Lots of little ones... 7 under the age of 5. Yikes! We arrived today and so far so good. I'm really excited to be here and to have time to rest. I'm leading worship at 6 different sessions over the next 3 days, but beyond that I feel like there'll be plenty of time to chill. The best part about retreat though is that tomorrow morning (in about 10 hours) I get to head over to the airport and pick up Jacob and Jodi!!! It seriously seems like we were just talking about the idea of them coming and now they're almost here! Last I heard they were having some dinner in London and then heading back to the airport. I can't express how excited I am to share this place that I love so much with two people that I love so much! CHAMUKA!!! (means get excited!)

It's going to be really nice to be able to chat with them when I get home in 6 months and for them to understand much of what I'm talking about. I'm excited to share life with them, study the Word with them, and watch them experience some of the awesome ministries I get to be a part of here. I'm excited to watch them and their reactions to this culture that is at times very frustrating, but for the most part enjoyable. I'm excited for them to have this HUGE life experience here and I'm grateful to their parents for trusting me enough to let them travel 9,000 miles to do it. I'm praising the Lord for the way their funding came in and very happy with the responsibility that they took in order to make sure they could get here. Remembering back to being 19, I can't even imagine being focused enough to make a trip like this happen, also I'm not sure my parents would have said "yes". Who knows?

Anyways, all of that to say that I would love you guys to join me in praying for their trip. Pray for continued safety in travel, even while on the roads here. Pray for continued peace in Uganda and safety in the city. Pray for their health... physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. Pray for them as their hearts and eyes are opened to the reality of daily life in a third world country. Pray for an easy adjustment with culture shock and such. Also pray for strong stomachs... we don't want any bathroom issues! Pray for their families at home and the possible anxiety that they're feeling. Pray that they would see God in a new and very real way; a way that draws them deeply into His presence with no way out. :)

Thank you all for supporting them with prayer and finances. I'm praising the Lord for your faithfulness and for the fact that you've said "yes" to serving God through these two amazing youth. We will try to keep you updated. Much love!

No comments: