Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Week Two

Jodi and Jacob are here and we're having a blast!! We've been going non-stop for the past week and a half, but it's been great. The first week of sports camps down at the school went fairly well with just a few minor bumps along the way. The second week is off to a fantastic start and I'm thankful that it's a much more chill week. Having my youth kids here has been amazing and I'm incredibly thankful to the Lord for this awesome opportunity. I'm doing my best to give them an idea of what my life looks like from day to day, from the things that I do to the places I go. We've traveled by boda, gone to the market and bartered, cooked local food, hung out with my lovely Sudanese friends, taught ESL classes at the Centre of Hope, held and played with little tiny orphans, and studied the Bible together. I'm blessed beyond measure and loving every minute of this. It's almost a strange feeling to have people who are so familiar here with me mostly because the last time I was in Uganda, I didn't know these two.

God is so good and His plans are perfect. It's amazing to think about the way our relationships have formed and grown so quickly. Quickly enough to bring them 9,000 miles away from home to hang out with me. I know Jesus is using this time to bless all three of us and teach us new things. I'm really enjoying reading through the scriptures with them. Each evening we sit down and I read 2-4 chapters aloud to them. Even when there's no discussion, it's a blessing. I'm praying for their hearts to be forever changed like mine was after being here. I'm praying that they are experiencing and seing God in a new way every single day. When I walk down the road I'm usually so distracted by the beauty around me that I don't even think about the cars speeding by... I hope that they are just as in awe of the glory of God's creation as I am. It's such a joy to share a place that I love so deeply. It's been awesome for them to meet some of my friends that I've been talking about for the past year or so.

After we finish out this week of camps, we chill for the weekend and then head out on a three day safari. I know it's going to open their eyes even more. Just being out of the city will be a blessing. Please pray for safety on the roads as we travel and pray for health. Some of you may know this, but most don't... I've been sick for almost a month now. Nothing very serious, but I've just been completely exhausted and having headaches everyday. Nothing to stop me from doing ministry or going about daily life, but enough to make me sluggish. I've been tested for a certain illness and it was negative, which is a good thing. It may be a flare up of mono, which I had in college. I recently bought some antibiotics in case it's not viral, so we'll see what happens. Either way, I'd love some prayer for my health and for Jodi and Jacob as their tummies continue to adjust.

Thanks for your prayers and for the love you show through your support. I'm hoping to post some pics when I have more than ten minutes to sit and chill! Much love!

No comments: