Tuesday, July 2, 2013

In Awe of My Savior

I woke up early after having a few crazy dreams that all somehow ran together.  I felt unsettled so I put on Pandora and worshipped as I showered and got ready.  I spent much of my day today just talking to Jesus.  I'm convinced that many who encountered me thought I was insane, but that's never stopped me before.  The enemy works really hard to bring me down, especially when I'm excited about something.  He threw quite a few curveballs at me today, but Jesus had them handled.  He gets all the glory and His plan will be seen through.

I could sit here and list all of my anxieties and fears, but that wouldn't properly reflect my Savior or His work in my life.  Instead, I want to list all of the things about Him that I'm grateful for tonight.

  • His strength
  • His unnecessary humility
  • The fact that He is interested in the smallest detail of my life and doesn't tire of hearing me while I'm stuck on repeat about certain things
  • He is trustworthy
  • He is enough
  • His unconditional love is really, truly unconditional
  • He has forgiven me
  • He is good and doesn't have the ability to be anything but that
  • He has felt every emotion that I have and His understanding is way beyond me
  • He's beautifully creative
  • His provision 
  • He is truth
  • His arms of love that don't grow weary of holding me
  • His clear leading
  • His sovereignty
  • He is holy
  • He became flesh... He dwelt among us... He knew no sin
  • He is alive
  • He is above logic and I love it
I'm so in awe of my Savior.  Pain and trials are inevitable, but Jesus makes them bearable.  His goodness is so overwhelming.  I'm so grateful to those who told me about Jesus and then walked with me, guiding me into a daily relationship with Him years ago.  It's not always been perfect, in fact it's often been the farthest thing from perfect because of my human nature, but it's been more than worth it. I pray that you, yes YOU would know Him and intimately... that you would experience the true joy of being in relationship with the Creator.  My prayer is that you (& I) would find rest in His presence tonight and every night.  


No comments: