Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Thank You Jesus for Friends

Reader beware: this is randomness.
Indianapolis turned out to be pretty fun this weekend. The snow storm prevented some parts of the plan, but created other fun times so it all worked out. I am always so blessed by the time I get to spend with the youth down there. I just wish I had a privet jet so I could be a part of both churches every Sunday. That would be fantastic! Any donors?? :) I also was able to spend time with some dear friends up here in Chicagoland at a Super Bowl party. I love seeing so many people I adore in one place.
Anyways, my schedule seems to be ceaseless these days... but I think I like it. This weekend I'll be in Indy again. Next weekend I have a friend coming into town, a purity night for the youth girls, and on Sunday I'm having my friend John meet with the youth worship team. Then with the end of Feb and beginning of March I should be around, but by the middle of March I've committed to some stuff and I'll be out of town again. Then April rolls around and (praise the Lord) I'll be heading to Florida for a week of warmth and fun!! May is a light month so far, only one weekend is taken by a camping trip so far. June I'll be going to Haiti on a mission trip with WSC. Then my bff is preggers and we're planning her baby shower for the weekend after Haiti. In July I'll hopefully get to go on two mission trips, one to New York with NHP and the other to Birmingham with WSC. Then by August I'll be preparing to leave for Uganda, Lord willing.
So it seems like my time is cut out for me, but somehow I'm really glad. I love having stuff to look forward to. Jesus has been teaching me to really run for the prize. I feel like all the stuff that I'm doing is along the course and on track to win the prize, if you will. It's exciting.
Fundraising is where my mind is these days. It's pretty time consuming and it's been a bit of a stress for me. I've known since returning to America in June that I would go back to Uganda. And it's always been clear that I'll go back whenever the funding comes in. The Lord is my Great Provider and I trust Him completely with this. I need to remind myself everyday that this CANNOT be something I try to do on my own strength because it will never work. I'm in such a learning stage right now and though it's not always easy to be patient (especially when it comes to money), I'm trying my best to do so.
Moving on... I had to opportunity to talk to one of my favorite people ever (Peter) on Sunday and I'm still so happy about it. Have you ever had a friend, maybe a best friend that you've kinda lost contact with? Who hasn't really? It's a bummer. Reconnecting is so much fun though! Obviously I love people, but just catching up and being reminded of why someone is such a good friend is refreshing. I was able to talk about some stuff with him that he doesn't know about simply because we've lost touch a bit, but stuff that I've talked with other people about for a long time, and get a fresh perspective on the situations. It was just so fantastic to talk with someone that I really love and trust about things that everyone else I'm close with has had to hear about for years. :) Thank you Jesus for friends.

No comments: