Friday, January 21, 2011

Arrived!

Hi everyone! I just wanted to pen a quick update on the rest of my travel. I arrived safely and on time last night. All of my bags and my guitar made it safely and I'm SO very thankful for that. When I boarded my plane in London I immediately noticed the size difference. Of course it was a bit smaller than the plane from Chicago, but this just meant lots of people and not lots of space. Fortunately for me my neighbor got up and moved after take off, whether from my coughing of lack of space, I don't know but I'm thankful. So I had a row of two to myself, curled up in an uncomfortable little ball and waited to arrive in Uganda. Normally I would be very excited to watch the Mediterranean Sea pass and the Saharan Desert, but not yesterday. It was so difficult to lift my head I could do little else than lay still. I thought I would be exhausted enough to sleep when I got here because I hadn't slept on the planes, but due to my cough, not even Nyquil could put me to sleep. All of that to say, today I am dead on my feet and in a lot of pain. I'm praying for a full nights sleep tonight and for less coughing. My chest feels like it's been set on fire, my heartbeat is in my head, and I can't swallow a thing. It will get better though, of that I'm sure.
God was so gracious to me yesterday as I forgot my debit card and thus had no way to pay for my extra bag. Luckily the British Airways lady was amazing and sympathetic as she watched me begin to panic and realize exactly where I had left it. She didn't charge me for my fourth bag, praise the Lord!! Also my mom happened to have a secret hiding place with some cash in it, so I should be ok until my card arrives in the mail. I'm praying for it's safety as it travels to me.
I would really appreciate prayers from you all and I can't even say enough thanks for the way I've been covered in prayer so far. I treasure each of you! More to come once I can sit up longer... :(

No comments: