Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sickly

So, I'm sitting in the London Heathrow airport where I just paid 15 bucks to use the internet for the next couple of hours. Oh London with your ridiculous pricing. Last time I flew through London I had a huge layover and went and explored... this time I've only got like 4 hours before the next part of my journey. I'm thankful for a short layover because I definitely did not plan on being sick, but I totally am.

I was on the phone right before take off telling someone how I had a fever and a crazy cough and my neighbor heard me. The flight was pretty empty so she and her husband left my row to avoid illness. I had a whole row to myself! It was amazing. I'm not good at sleeping on planes, but I loved being able to lay down and rest my aching head. I'm still feeling pretty feverish and yet I have the chills. My head may explode due to the amount and severity of my coughing. It now hurts to swallow and my ears are killing me. On top of that, I can no longer breathe through my nose. I was really trying to avoid being sick while traveling because the pressure changes are killer, but it was a blast to play out on the ice last weekend with the youth kids on the retreat.

All of that to say... that I would really appreciate your prayers. Pray for my ears to unclog, for my fever to leave, and for rest. Thanks so much! I'll update much more when I get settled in. I feel like there's so much to update you all on! Much love!

No comments: