Sunday, November 18, 2012

Blessing of Burdens

While I was driving the other day, the guy on the radio asked, "have you prayed about it as much as you've talked about it?"  Ummmm... yikes, right?

More often than not, my answer would probably have to be no.  I spend a great deal of time talking to others near and far.  It seems so natural to pick up the phone and call someone when I have something pressing (and sometimes not so pressing) to discuss or think through.  I think it's what most of us do.  Seeking the advice and counsel of others is not a bad thing at all, but when I think of the amount of time I talk with some people about some things, it's obvious where my priorities are.

However, lately I would say that my answer is leaning more towards yes.  I've been feeling very burdened for others and I'm so blessed by it.  Of course I have my normal list of people and things that I pray for and about, but more recently God has been speaking to me very clearly about how to be praying for people more specifically.  I'm pretty intuitive and I'm very much a feeling person... I can most likely read how you're doing simply because I try really hard to pay attention to the details of my interactions with you and/or your interactions with others.  I've been loving spending so much time in prayer, seeking the Lord, pleading on other's behalf, and seeking wisdom and discernment.

How can feeling burdened for someone be a blessing?  I love when the Lord puts people on my heart because it opens up opportunities to know them better and love them deeper.  I am often drawn into God's presence by the needs of others.  It's such a privilege to know and understand someone well enough to pray very specifically for them.

I don't believe that God tires of hearing from His beloved bride.  He's honored when we seek Him.  He's glorified in our needs and our weaknesses.  More than that, I believe He loves when we seek to be in relationship with Him in a very real and intimate way.  I'm so thankful to Jesus for the ability to be in communication with the Almighty Creator of the universe.  Mind = blown.

The other thing that this question from Mr. Radio Man really touches on is gossip.  How many times do we hear about something or see something happen and then run and tell someone.  I've seen and experienced so many cases of incorrect rumors and information being spread, it's sickening.  Gossip spreads like wildfire, especially amongst women... yes, I admit it.  Sometimes I don't think that people think about the possible repercussions of false rumors or assumptions.  I'm a fairly confrontational person when I need to be, so I'm all about someone just asking me something about myself instead of assuming something and then sharing it with others.  Nothing annoys me more than people talking about stuff that they're unsure of.  To be fair, I'm guilty of it myself, but I really do try to be mindful of what I'm saying and how it might affect their job, their family, or affect the way that they're viewed.  It's a tricky game to speak on something you're not sure about.  More than that though, it's just sinful.  I immediately think of the third chapter of the book of James, not to mention the numerous Proverbs that deal with the tongue and gossip.

Anyways, this past week, though extremely busy was a blessing.  I had lots of meetings, but one that sticks out in my mind took place on Friday morning.  I asked a woman from the church to meet with me because I really wanted someone to pray with and God has continually spoken clearly to me through her.  She is a woman that I greatly respect, she loves the Lord, and is very obedient to His word.  What a blessing to know such a faithful sister!  As God continues to place others on my heart, I want to make sure that I, myself am staying focused on my relationship with Him and not just on other's.  It was refreshing to know that the Lord was leading me to this woman... and even more refreshing that there was a high level of comfort so that I could share a bit of my heart openly.  Hearing the words of a wise woman is so encouraging.

I'm continually amazed at how Jesus sends me people at just the right time (especially in times of little discouragements).  Although at this point, I really shouldn't be surprised anymore because He's just so amazing.  :)  Continuing into the weekend, I got to spend time with some of the youth... really just laughing and enjoying each other's company.  Such a blessing and so much fun!

So grateful.

No comments: