Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Heavenly Sound

This past Sunday was another worship night with Studio_10 at Heritage International School.  I love worship nights and this is actually the last one before both Francis (who's in charge) and myself are no longer in the country.  He'll be heading to South Africa in early January and I come home in January.  We've been doing these worship nights together since the first one in 2008.  I love being a part of Studio_10.  Anyways on Sunday we were set to go... musicians in place, singers on our mics and people in their seats ready to worship.  Just as the first song began about 10 of my students from the Centre came in and sat down.

In no way did I ever expect them to come to a Christian worship night, but they did and God constantly reminds me that He is the One in control.  Praise be to God!!  It was amazing to watch these students reading the powerpoint and singing along to the songs they're used to hearing at Bible study each week.  I couldn't help but lift my hands up, praising God for how He's moving in their lives. 

What an amazing blessing!  And of course it was a very sweet time of worship.  The presence God was strong in that place and I'm praying that hearts were changed and softened.

Monday I went to the baby home to hang with E, unfortunately he was sleeping up until we were walking out of the place.  Luckily I peeked  my head back in the room where his crib was before leaving.  He was laying quietly, waiting to be fed and changed.  I went over, and started talking to him and his face lit up like a child's on Christmas morning.  So I snuggled him for a minute before giving him to an auntie to care for him.  

I decided today that I didn't want to go a whole week without hanging out with him, so I went back this afternoon.  He was wide awake and we got to play for an hour before I had to head off to Bible study.  He was thrilled to see me again and we spent the hour just giggling and talking.  He makes the sweetest sounds when he's "talking".  He has a bit of a cough and it could become an upper respiratory infection (according to Dr. Christina) so I'm a bit worried about him.  I'll probably go check on him Friday too, just to be sure he's not getting worse.

From the baby home I went straight to the Centre for Bible study.  This is one of the best parts of my week.  I sat down in between those same students who came to worship night and enjoyed the time of prayer, worship, and Bible storying.  It's always encouraging to see the large number of students who attend, but what's even more encouraging is that many are not of the Christian faith... as I'm sure you've gathered throughout this year.  Anyways one of the last songs we sang was How Great is Our God.  As I sat there eyes closed, focused, and singing, I heard with more confidence than I ever have, the sweet voices of my non-Christian students singing along.  It was one of the most beautiful sounds I've ever heard.  I could just picture heaven rejoicing and hearts being changed.  I'm just in awe of Jesus.  He's heavily pursuing these amazing students and I'm praying that their response is not long off.  Join me, please.

Heaven is going to be so awesome!  If you've ever heard angels sing, you know what I'm hearing.  Choirs of millions singing in perfect harmony.  All ages and nationalities represented, singing perfect praises to the King of Kings.  Come Lord Jesus!

1 comment:

Grants said...

This post and the last are precious glimpses into your real life in Uganda - thank you so much for sharing. I can't imagine how difficult it will be for you to leave your loved ones down there, so I will pray that the Lord leads you to scripture you that will sustain you. Love you Sister!