Friday, November 4, 2011

No Naked Flames

I haven't done a normal update in a little while, so here it is.

Ministry at the Centre of Hope is going well.  I still love my class and they are doing really well!  We've been learning some really tough stuff, but it seems like they're keeping up with it pretty well.  I'm so proud of them!  Relationships continue to grow and the weekly Bible study is still going strong.  People are showing up and hearing about God when they may otherwise never hear the truth.  It's my joy to be a part of such an amazing ministry.

I'm realizing that my time here is coming to a close really quickly.  Too quickly.  I've almost started to panic because there's so much I want to do and so many places I still want to go.  It seems like there should be enough time for everything, but this year has just flown by.  I can't believe November is here.  Because of field visitors and meetings, my month is pretty much all planned out.  There are lots of things happening in the next two weeks.  Some of the "big wigs" are here from headquarters, so there's lots going on.  Crusades, pastor conferences, youth conferences, the church leadership installation and all kinds of stuff.  It's really an exciting time, but it means that most of this month will fly by because of the busy schedule.  I'm looking forward to field Thanksgiving and a time to relax with my fellow missionaries.

I'm also hoping to go away the first weekend in December.  Due to a situation here, I've more or less been stuck on my compound for the past two weeks.  I've still be able to teach my class and get my work done, but I've been feeling completely trapped.  My life is some what contingent on someone else right now, so it's been quite rough.  I won't go into details, but I'm asking for much prayer for this situation.  I want to be completely clear... I'm safe, there's no physical danger to me.  However, because of the situation I feel very limited and discouraged.  My heart is heavy and I'm dealing with a lot of emotions these days.  Your prayers are important.  God is good.

I've recently gotten contact lenses because I hate wearing my glasses, but had been getting major headaches.  I've had them for a week and they're still not very comfortable.  In fact yesterday I looked ridiculous and like I was crying because they were being so annoying and irritating.  My eyes were all watery and red.  I happened to be at a market when all of this was going on.  Haha, the workers probably thought I was nuts.  I'm going to the eye doctor in the morning to find out if I'm doing something wrong.  I just have an astigmatism, so the contacts are different than normal contacts and have to be worn a very specific way.  I'm really hoping I can figure it out because I DO NOT want to wear glasses the rest of my life.

I saw some pictures from the snowstorm in the east and began to dread coming home.  From the tropics to a tundra is not going to be fun.  Speaking of pictures... I've been trying to take pictures of things that make me laugh or things that I love around here, as I'm realizing I'm not sure when I'll be back.  Here are a few from the past couple of months.


haha :)

Local food... Matoke, beans, grean beans, a little meat.  SO good!


Random Bobcat in Sunday traffic
Pumpkin Carving with the Hopson family is a tradition Jean and I started
in 2008 :)






No comments: